Definition of Environmental Health
Environmental Health is a place, location, or condition that has a good, clean and healthy degree of environmental health, which includes living or animate (biotic) and inanimate (abiotic) components. What is meant by biotic components are living things such as humans, animals, plants, and also microorganisms (bacteria & viruses) that cannot be seen by the eye directly, and also what is meant by abiotic namely; soil, air, water, sunlight, and vibration/sound.
|Preventive Measures for The Degree Of Environmental Health|
We all want to live in a clean environment or have a high and good environmental health degree so that we always feel comfortable in carrying out various activities. One thing we must remember that not all components in an environment can make us feel comfortable and safe for health, one of which is biotic components (bacteria & viruses). Both of these microorganisms have very many types and if they enter the human body, they can cause illness so that all activities are disrupted and do not work well.
Bacteria and viruses are very dangerous microorganisms and are always in an environment that is not kept clean, this can cause a decrease in the degree of environmental health. In addition, we also often experience illness which is also caused by bacteria and viruses that are around us. Therefore, we must try or take preventive health measures for the environment around us, be it at home, at work, where we go to school/study, so that we avoid harmful microorganisms to maintain and improve the health status of the surrounding environment. we. Below are some preventive measures that must be taken.
- Making sufficient ventilation and always opening the windows of the house, and also the door of our house, so that sunlight can enter and kill microorganisms that are still floating in the air.
- Open the windows of the house and the door of the house every day so that air transfusion from inside the house to outside the house can run smoothly and microorganisms that are still floating in the air can come out of the house.
- Always use clean water for daily life.
- Consumption of drinking water that has been cooked at a temperature of ±100°C.
- Give an antiseptic to the tub filled with water that will be used for bathing.
- Also use abate powder to kill mosquito larvae. Use in wells or in the bath, and do not use abate in the water containers that we use for drinking.
- Always clean and tidy the house.
- Throw garbage in its place.
- Use healthy latrines.
- Burn the garbage that is scattered around the house, both organic and non-organic, except for trash whose material is glass or cans because it can explode and is very dangerous if it hits the people around.
- Do not smoke in the house or in the environment around the house.
- Always maintain personal hygiene, because harmful microorganisms can also stick throughout the body.
A clean environment is a condition that can make us feel comfortable and free from microorganisms (bacteria and viruses), so it has a very positive impact on the health status of the human body and also maintains good environmental health status. We must always take preventive measures that keep the environment clean, so that we are all protected from disease attacks that have a negative impact on health status, and the degree of environmental health is maintained and always increases.
Tags: environmental health degree, environmental health degree online, environmental health and safety degree near me, environmental health science degree, environmental health degree programs, environmental health and safety bachelor's degree, environmental health and safety master's degree, environmental health masters degree, environmental health specialist degree, preventive measures for the degree of environmental health.